Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Voice Thread - The iGeneration is Coming!




Take a look at this new tool, VoiceThread. It is a YouTube for PowerPoints. Think of the implications for marketing, training and your kids school homework.

I've attached my son Nathan's 9th Grade assignment. He and is partner created an animated voice over presentation on caffeine for class. They haven't turned it in yet - its still in process. I was impressed enough, however, to ask his permission to use it on the blog.

Imagine a quick product introduction that turns into a social network. Think of a training course that also turns into an active dialogue about the content and suggestions for improvement.

Now we are touching the power of Mass Collaboration.

The next post may also come from my son. It's his take on one particular teacher's efforts to be cool and "teach" team leadership.

1 comment:

The Church Bartender said...

Great job guys. My coffee cup this morning says, "Coffee...the favorite drink of the civilized world." It was a modern day text message by Thomas Jefferson to Edmond Rogers on February 14, 1824.

I've been serving and helping others serve coffee for about 12 years now and I even confess sometimes that teenagers actually helped me make my first CA house payment. Some call me the Church Bartender; and other just don't call me. What I love about what you're doing is Educating people on what they are putting in their pie-holes.

Caffiene, when consumed with the right balance is actually healthy for you. When snoted or take through an I.V. drip of Mountain Dew.....well, not so sure that would be considered moderation.

Great work from up and coming Mixologists!!!!!!

Michael Trent